The Bible is clear that God punishes ON EARTH for sins.
Sometimes, TV preachers only think about what happens after death, and their human ideas (human theology) sometimes skews their message.
While a person lives on earth, that person will be punished or blessed according to what he does on earth.
Thus, someone who is promiscuous will get sexually transmitted disease, even if God might forgive his sins when he asks for forgives.
A person who drank a lot of alcohol and became an alcoholic will suffer the consequences of his actions, such as a broken marriage, children who veered away into alcoholism themselves, and other destructive consequences of alcoholism, even if God may forgive him for the alcoholism.
God punishes on earth for the sins we commit on earth. This is a very important fact in the Bible.
God may forgive you for your sins, but you will still suffer the consequences of your sins. There is divine punishment for your sins, because that is the way God designed the world and the order in the world.
This is the case with Sodom and Gomorrah. God killed every homosexual in Sodom and Gomorrah, and God killed everyone in those cities that tolerated homosexuality and homosexuals around them. God punishes on earth for the sins of commission and the sins of omission. That is God.
Yes, God forgives your sins, but you will suffer the consequences of your sins. God is just.
For instance, a woman who remained a virgin until marriage and never committed adultery outside of the marriage will enjoy divine blessings that a born-again Christian woman who used to sleep around cannot enjoy. What can they be?
A born-again woman who used to sleep around will suffer from these consequences (divine punishments) of her sins:
(1) Memories of hurt and pain from sinful relationships.
(2) Sexually transmitted disease or other types of sexually related physical impact
(3) Broken relationships that may come back to haunt her throughout her life
(4) Her husband may not respect her as much as if she were a Christian woman who remained a virgin until marriage. Her husband may not feel as special. He may ask what her sexual relationships with other men were like.
These are only few examples.
There is always earthly consequences of sins.
Some sins are more evil than others in the sight of God, and God’s divine punishments for these sins reflects this.
Unless the United States of America illegalizes homosexuality and use the police force and FBI to arrest homosexuals in the United States of America, God will punish America and American citizens.
This may entail:
(1) God proliferating civil unrest and rise in crimes
(2) Weather conditions that kill American citizens
(3) Broken families and broken neighborhood relationships that destroy the American society at every micro-levels
(4) Conflict between government and people that can head toward Civil War, Revolution, or popular unrest.
(5) God allowing proliferation of terrorism on American soil
(6) God refusing to protect American soldiers in the battlefield, so that American soldiers are killed by much inferior Islamic Rebels
Bible is clear that God gives victories in earthly wars. Read Judges 2:
And an angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you. And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this? Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you. And it came to pass, when the angel of the Lord spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.” (Judges 2:1-4)
The Bible clearly shows that God breaking his promise “never to break my covenant with you.”
Yes, God will break his promise, if you break your obligations. God abandons Israel to Israel’s enemies, when Israel does not follow the Bible.
In the same way, God will deliver up America and the US Military for defeat against their enemies, if America does not illegalize homosexuality and arrest homosexuals.
This is the Will of God.