If your town becomes bankrupt and lays you off from your job, then you may foreclose on your house and you may go under the poverty line and suffer unemployment. If you are a Christian (and most people in the USA are!), then your becoming unemployed or homeless will directly affect Christian churches.
The cause can be related to the open, inclusive policy of the federal government of the United States of America, which is still in place under Establishment Republicans (ER) and Establishment Democrats (ER). Your family, your children, and your Christian church is, in essence, directly under threat from today’s open, inclusive policy of the US federal government.
What has contributed to America’s decline:
(1) Free Trade: Yes, it helps poor countries like China or Mexico to become rich. (Now, China is number one because of Free Trade, which transferred America’s wealth to Chinese citizens.) But Free Trade hurts American citizens. It is simply bad trade!
Why then do not current politicians oppose Free Trade? Because current politicians benefit financially from Free Trade, and they rather profit off the suffering of the American people. Foreign nations give bribes, prostitutes (“loose women”), backdoor payments, business deals for relatives, etc. to keep America’s politicians loyal to “Free Trade”. Kickbacks can be enticing and most Establishment Republicans (ER) and Establishment Democrats (ER) could care less if you go homeless or jobless, as long as they get theirs. It is unfortunate. Read the Book of Amos about how such social environment came to exist in ancient Israel.
(2) Open policy toward people of other religions. Logically speaking, if a bunch of Muslims come to your town from the Middle East as immigrants and get a job at local K Mart or Walmart, then there is less job for you and your children. This is simple addition and subtraction.
Look at this math problem:
1000 (Jobs) – 200 (Muslims getting jobs) = 800 (Jobs left)
1000 (AA Job seekers) – 800 (jobs left) = 200 (AA without jobs)
Do you see the simple math?
(1) Free Trade shipped working class factory jobs to China and Mexico. Americans lost jobs in their town as factories moved outside USA. No jobs in the city meant, foreclosure of houses and homelessness. Not all can relocate; relocation costs money.
(2) New Muslim immigrants took jobs away from poor whites and poor African-Americans. They become homeless. Some take money from the Food Stamp system. If these American citizens could have jobs, then they would help with American cities revival, but many foreign nationals flooding America’s cities are taking jobs away from American citizens who have been in the USA since the Slavery Days.
(3) Managers who are of other religions. Muslims, Hindus, Jews do not want to hire Bible-believing Christians. This is a serious problem since many of America’s major corporations now have people of other religions as managers and CEO’s.
The open policy of the US federal government in belittling America’s Christian population (both white and black) is actively encouraging hiring foreign nationals and people of other religions to top positions in US corporations and government positions. That is why there is not a single evangelical Christian in the US Supreme Court.